Thursday, October 06, 2011

v.4 >> Lost Hiker Edit

The flame will be short lived if it is to be engaged

No alcohol or gasoline; no match to strike its blaze.

Just the slow and steady friction of Earth’s twigs and my own

As I battle barren wilderness, my future is unknown.


I release a visible breath to fan a flicker to a flame.

As rain wrestles through my skin; and cold dances through my veins.

I want some warmth to burn me, from my insides, right on out.

Stress stifles my survival skills, and I become a lout.


A puddle now exists where my fire was once to be.

I settle down to rest and give in to apathy.

My pasty white shell trembles, my rationale expires

I have no freaking patience for the art of starting fires.


**Thank you, Lisa Kirby Art, for the point-of-view suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment